Single Mother

In the event that you are a single mother, you may provide a court-ordered custody order, a certificate from your local government, or an affidavit from your consulate. If the certificate was issued in your home country, the UAE Embassy there and the UAE Ministry of Foreign Affairs should certify it.

Unmarried mothers living in the UAE can apply to get birth certificates for their babies. A new law that came into effect in October recognises the right of single mothers to register their children without the need for a father or a marriage certificate. Legal experts say it is a very straightforward process.

Social Links